Some of your fellow citizens didn’t completely follow every step in getting their ballots properly certified. Unless someone takes them an affidavit, their vote won’t count.
Your help is urgently needed if you can volunteer to do a job known as “Ballot Chasing.” When a County Auditor rejects a ballot because the voter forgot to sign their ballot, the ballot isn’t just thrown away. These voters are given the opportunity to sign an affidavit to have their vote counted. A number of pro-liberty candidates need to make sure these ballots are counted to ensure a fair and honest election.
What can you do to help? Volunteers are urgently needed who are willing to make phone calls, and more importantly, to deliver affidavits to our fellow citizens whose vote won’t get counted.
The need is especially acute in the following areas:
• The 1st legislative district. Contact Georgene Faries at 425-232-3092 to volunteer.
• The 24th legislative district. Contact Eric Foth at 360-452-2199 to volunteer.
• The 28th legislative. Contact Pam at the Puyallup Victory Office at 206-406-2903 to volunteer.
• The 35th legislative district. Contact 360-229-0086 or 360-462-1003 to volunteer.
To see if you live in these districts, click here.
If you can volunteer, please contact them now. The elections will be certified on the 12th, so please volunteer if you can. This will be going on this weekend.
Do candidates for state office in your district support liberty?
Washington State Campaign for Liberty sent candidate surveys to everyone that will be on the November ballot for State Representative or State Senate positions. Before you cast your vote wouldn’t you like to know if:
- the candidate supports an income tax?
- if they support our Tenth Amendment rights?
- will they support tax increases?
- what about traffic cameras, National ID, or regional Cap & Trade?
Not all candidates responded.
If the candidate in your district didn’t respond, please contact them and urge them to submit their survey so we know where they stand on liberty issues. Otherwise we can only suppose that liberty is not as important to them as it is to you and me.
Spread the word!
Let your friends and family know where their candidates stand on liberty issues, please send along to your email lists.
We’re pleased to announce that Washington State Campaign for Liberty has sent a candidate survey to all of the State Representative and State Senate candidates moving on to the general election in November! We’ll be reporting where the candidates stand on issues from a state income tax to property rights.
Stay tuned for the results in early October before your ballot hits your mailbox!
Justice Richard Sanders Wins Ron Paul’s Endorsement
Justice Richard B. Sanders is a sitting Washington State Supreme Court justice, and a friend of Liberty.
Court records and prolific published opinions show that Justice Sanders is a defender of our constitutionally-protected freedoms. His performance during his time on the bench recently earned him the endorsement of another Champion of the Constitution, Congressman Ron Paul.
Won’t you contact Justice Sanders, http://www.friendsofjustice.com and thank him for his pro-liberty record?
About Justice Richard Sanders
* Endorsed by Congressman Ron Paul
* Citizens Alliance for Property Rights gives Justice Sanders its highest rating – “Excellent”
* Adjunct Professor: UW School of Law, appellate advocacy
* Guest Lecturer: Seattle University, state constitutional law
* Guest Speaker: Institute for Justice, Cato Institute, Goldwater Institute
* 26 years of law practice
Washington State Campaign for Liberty is a 501(c)4 lobbying organization
which neither supports nor opposes candidates for public office.