The most important question you’ll ever ask yourself as a political activist is,
“If I believe what ‘they’ tell me, how does the politician benefit?”
Who are “they” in this sentence? Well, “they” are the politicians themselves, their staffers, the lobbyists, the party insiders and last but not least the media.
For example, if I believe that Automated Ticketing Machines are all about safety, then ATMs seem like a good idea….until I do the second most important thing any activist does,
“Follow the Money”.
Once you discover that traffic cameras increase accidents at intersections, it begs the question – what are they really about? Money.
Why else would our “friends” at Goldman Sachs buy a large enough stake in the camera company to seat two Goldman members on the cameras company’s board?
If I believe that giving up personal liberty somehow makes me safer, then it stands to reason that I need the government to protect me, right? Well, let’s look at the TSA’s new porno-scanners that do a virtual strip search. All about safety, right? Well, not exactly.
First, the head of the US Airways pilots union advises his members not to go through the porno-scanners because of the radiation exposure. Does that sound “safe” to you?
Secondly, the political class claims that there are “credible threats” from which they must protect us. Besides the obvious question of, “Oh really?”, how does doing a virtual strip search of 85 year old grandmothers and small children defeat these “credible threats”? And why has the GAO reported “it remains unclear…” if the porno-scanners would have even found the underwear bomber’s device?
Now it’s time to “follow the money.”
- Did you know that Michael Chertoff as head of Homeland Insecurity in 2005 ordered the first porno-scanners from Rapiscan Systems? Right after the attempted underwear bombing on Christmas Day 2009, Chertoff used his position as the past head of Homeland Insecurity to pimp porno-scanners all over the media. Hmmm…
- Why the big push for porno-scanners? Did you know that Michael Chertoff is head of a consulting firm called The Chertoff Group? And did you know one of his clients is none other than Rapiscan? That’s right, the very makers of the porno-scanners!
- Did you know that Homeland Insecurity has already spent about $173 million of mostly “stimulus” money to purchase Rapiscan porno-scanners? Pretty cool, huh?
Now here is the challenge for Homeland Insecurity and TSA – the American people won’t put up with dangerous, radiation emitting, porno-scanners. So what’s an agency to do?
Hey, here’s an idea. Why don’t we force people to be humiliated by sexually assaulting them if they won’t use our porno machines? Gotta love those bureaucrats, just looking out for your safety – the fourth amendment be damned!
Here is another interesting question. Do the fine folks at TSA change their gloves for every passenger? They don’t? Really? So let me get this straight; If I refuse to jeopardize my health by passing up on radiation exposure, then I get to have some stranger grope me with dirty gloves?
Well, think about this (when you are not eating). That means TSA screeners are running their hands through urine splatter, down moist body crevices, and then touching ties, collars, hair…and then going to the next person in line. So, as a bonus, the TSA screeners could be spreading germs, parasites, bed bugs from hotel rooms, and who knows what else from your fellow travelers on to you. Do we need to start checking out the backs of heads in the security line in front of us for lice?
In America, people have right to “…be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizure”. Further, this right, “…shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.”
What are we the people going to do about this unconstitutional assault against Liberty?
They said they’d have a public hearing and then changed their mind. Don’t let them vote without hearing from you!
Read on for details…
You may be aware that Bellingham City Council has decided that they don’t want to allow a public hearing to discuss one of the most controversial acts that will have ever been passed in this county…..the installation and operation of automated ticketing machines and speed trap cameras by a company that is located in Arizona. The $125 tickets – which are supposed to make us all safer – are nothing more than an outright unconstitutional attack on our liberties for the sole purpose of generating revenue for the city.
A couple of small issues you might not be aware of though:
- Revenue Sharing – First of all, the company that installs and operates these cameras and issues the tickets, ATS, makes its money from taking a percentage of the fines as their fee.
- Shortening Yellow Lights – Obviously they are highly motivated to see as many tickets issued as possible and have even been caught doing such things as shortening the yellow light time in order to guarantee more tickets issued.
- No Oversight – Our own police department or city officials have no oversight or responsibility for the camera operations, that is all taken care of by the out of state company. The city just gets to sit back and collect a percentage of the revenue generated from this obviously unethical and unconstitutional form of taxation without representation.
- Banksters – The company that our city council is getting in bed with in order to rob all of us who are unfortunate enough to get ticketed, is partially owned by none other than Goldman Sachs.
Is there is a name for this type of arrangement where a private corporation joins forces with government to immorally if not illegally extract funds from it’s citizens?
Come and join us along with Johnny Weaver and a large contingent from Young Americans for Liberty from WCC, and Alex Rion our Executive Director from Washington State Campaign for Liberty for what will prove to be an extremely enlightening and entertaining city council meeting – hopefully the likes of which will not be forgotten by the citizens of Bellingham, as well as the politicians who will not be happy to see us all show up!
Hope to see you there for the fun and fireworks!
Whatcom County Coordinator
Washington State Campaign for Liberty
If you’d like to help stop traffic cameras from being installed in yet another Washington State city, please join Washington State Campaign for Liberty, BanCams.com and Tim Eyman at the Monroe city council meeting tonight.
Monroe City Hall
806 West Main Street
Monroe, WA 98272
Tuesday, Nov. 16th at 7pm
Hope to see you there!
Some of your fellow citizens didn’t completely follow every step in getting their ballots properly certified. Unless someone takes them an affidavit, their vote won’t count.
Your help is urgently needed if you can volunteer to do a job known as “Ballot Chasing.” When a County Auditor rejects a ballot because the voter forgot to sign their ballot, the ballot isn’t just thrown away. These voters are given the opportunity to sign an affidavit to have their vote counted. A number of pro-liberty candidates need to make sure these ballots are counted to ensure a fair and honest election.
What can you do to help? Volunteers are urgently needed who are willing to make phone calls, and more importantly, to deliver affidavits to our fellow citizens whose vote won’t get counted.
The need is especially acute in the following areas:
• The 1st legislative district. Contact Georgene Faries at 425-232-3092 to volunteer.
• The 24th legislative district. Contact Eric Foth at 360-452-2199 to volunteer.
• The 28th legislative. Contact Pam at the Puyallup Victory Office at 206-406-2903 to volunteer.
• The 35th legislative district. Contact 360-229-0086 or 360-462-1003 to volunteer.
To see if you live in these districts, click here.
If you can volunteer, please contact them now. The elections will be certified on the 12th, so please volunteer if you can. This will be going on this weekend.